FC4: On Thinkpad, Wouldn't Go To Sleep When Closed

I just installed FC4 on my Thinkpad T30.  Everything seems fine except
for two problems:

1.  When I close the lid, the laptop won't go to sleep mode like it
used to do.  I'm thinking this might be because something that I did
wrong during installation.  (I don't remember doing anything
different.)

2.  For some reason, my /etc/fstab is corrupted.  (The line for the
swap partition contains gibberish for LABEL, and the swap is not
mounted.)  I tried to rewrite the line using the partitions name
(/dev/hda7 in my case) instead of using the LABEL, mimicing what's on
my FC3 box.  The swap partition still wouldn't mount.

Any help would be appreciated.

(I have a longer experience report on my blog:
http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/2005/06/15/native_eclipse_comes_to_linux.html)

--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiqigao gmail com