USB WebCam HOWTO Links

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 16 00:42:13 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 16.06.2005 schrieb Adam um 2:06:

> I am trying to get my Nexxtech(2516507) USB webcam
> [sub-label of Orbyx Electronics I believe]working
> under Core 3. Detection of the built in microphone
> goes smoothly, but the video portion does not have
> Core 3 drivers... Does anyone know of a process to get
> this working, either by using the windows drivers or
> by an independant project that you've heard about. Any
> links/tips/resources would be helpful. Thank-you.

You have the best chance to find out the support state on Linux for your
cam if you run /sbin/lsusb and feed google with a search for the ID it
gives. Windows® drivers won't work and there is no wrapper like for
network cards.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:20:10 up 23 days, 57 users, load average: 0.12, 0.28,
0.25