Re: [Fedora] Crash during partition section of install

John Holloway wrote:

error: Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to
partition /dev/hda3 - Device or resource busy. This means Linux won't
know about any changes you made to /dev/hda3 until you reboot - so you
shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.

Funny, I encountered this same exact error earlier today when I tried to install FC4 on a 40GB IDE drive. On all partitions that I created. Because I was in a hurry, I just shut the thing off. I figured I did something odd at the beginning so I'll try it again tomorrow. However, seeing that I'm not the only one with this problem makes me wonder if there isn't something else at work here. I'm interested to see what others have come up with...

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley pcraft com> . 303.442.6410 x130