How to save route commands

Hi, all,
I am wondering if route consults any settings while the machine boots up.

just like route save .... to /etc/....somewhere, then next time the machine boots up the route settings get loaded from it. because now every time I need to setup route settings again and again, whether I manage to use "service network restart"in the normal operation, or the machine reboot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zhou Zhen