Distorted Sound

Brian T. Fix brianfix at zoominternet.net
Thu Jun 16 05:58:13 UTC 2005

Hello. :)

I seem to have a small problem with FC4. It works just fine with my
machine, but with one small glitch. My sounds are distorted very badly
when running FC4. Sounds work fine under FC3.

My sound device is a SoundMAX cardenza mounted onto an Inel D845PEB2
motherboard. The way it appears in the hardware browser under FC3 is:

Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC '97 Audio Controller

Any ideas? I'm sort of new to the Linux world (got tired of Windows),
but am comfortable with line commands, so anything to work around this
would be good.