FC4 - multimedia support & patents

Apologies if this has been spoken about re FC4 - just point me to the thread and i will shut up ;-)

I am aware of the previous discussions re FC1/2/3 but have not notices anything for FC4.
I have read the release notes to no avail, browsed fedora.redhat.com, fedoraforum.org, googling is relevant to FC3 and peers, fair enough.

Now for the dreaded words mp3,mpeg etc.
Since Fedora Extra does not seem to hold the packages that will allow me to read my music/video files properly, do I have to assume I will have to build my own rpms? Or are they on the way out?

Thanks in advance

Thierry