FC4 'find' command is finding wrong hard link count

Tom Broadhurst tombro at usa.net
Thu Jun 16 22:39:54 UTC 2005

Has anyone determined what this problem is yet?
I don't want my system to blow up because of a /proc filesystem problem.

[root at ...~]# find / -name dodo -print
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in your
filesystem driver.Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier
results may have failed to include directories that should have been
searched.
/home/me/dodo
[root at ...~]#

The WARNING seems to indicate a problem with /proc rather than the find
command.

Onward!  Tom