Re: [Fedora] FC4 'find' command is finding wrong hard link count

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 00:52, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     This isn't a problem with find, nor a problem with /proc.  You
> shouldn't run find against the /proc file system.  It changes with every
> process that's running and with every single command you type in.  Hence
> find complaining that something's wrong.

Well, I have used "find -name *.rpm???*" in / to find rpmnew and rpmsave
files after upgrades and updates since RedHat 4.2 and never seen this
error message before. With Fedora Core 4 it shows up every time.

So, I am curious, why do this error message show up now, when it have
not in earlier versions? What have changed?

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars homer se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/