Problem with php and apache

Bruno Santos feiticeir0 at feiticeir0.no-ip.org
Fri Jun 17 12:26:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 13:06 +0200, Rock BASSOLE wrote:
> Hello group,
>

> I recently installed Fedora core 4 and I have some trouble to start my
> apache web server.
>

> Whenever I start apache, I get the following error:
>

> Syntax error on line 148 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into
> server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot restore segment
> prot after reloc: Permission denied
>

> I have check the syntax in the httpd.conf file but it is exactly the
> same syntax use when I was running under Fedora core 3.
>

> Does anybody have an idea?
>

> Any information is welcome.
>

> Rock.
>

> --

Hello Rock.

For what i've read, you have installed apache from sources, and then
compilled php.
have you compilled apache with --enable-so ?? its is required for php5
to compile and install well.
go to your sources directory (where have you untar the sources of php
and apache) and recompile apache and then php, but dont forget to make
clean (and make uninstall, if there is such choice) before.
i run into the same problem with fc3 and that was the only way i figured
out to solve it.

by the way, FC4 cames with apache2 and php5. why compilling from
source ?

cheers,

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when
you open Windows"

feiticeir0 at feiticeir0.no-ip.org
www.feiticeir0.no-ip.org

Say no to Software Patents