How to automatically mount?

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 17 16:02:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just got an iAudio X5 (awesome player, return your iPods...;).  Its a UMD,
so when I plug it in, the following entry automagically appears in
my /etc/fstab:

/dev/sdb1   /media/IAUDIO   vfat
pamconsole,exec,noauto,iocharset=utf8,managed 0 0

The problem is that only root can mount it, and furthermore, when root
mounts it, root owns it and thus whoever I'm logged in as can't write to
it.

Whats even more weird is that if I edit that fstab entry to have the 'users'
options, I still can't mount it as a normal user.

Anyways, what I want is for the device to automatically be mounted when its
plugged in and I want the owner to be whoever is logged into KDE at the
moment.  Is that possible or too much to ask?

Thank you very much for the help.