Re: Stuck on run-level 3 :-(

Andoni wrote:
and the startx command does not work.

In what way does it "not work"? I would expect:

It only returns:
-bash: startx: command not found.

Does this mean that I do not have a window manager installed?

It's more likely that your PATH is set incorrectly. "startx" is part of the "xorg-x11" package, which is almost certainly already installed on your system, and the command should be found at /usr/X11R6/bin/startx

What's the output of "echo $PATH" on your system? The directory /usr/X11R6/bin should be included.

Paul.