soundcard problems

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Fri Jun 17 18:54:56 UTC 2005

Hi

You may find that like many others on this list, share my experience that the
default settings for FC4 turn on the digital output channel.  If you have
speakers attached to the digital output of your soundcard (provided it has
one), then you will hear sound.  If, on the other hand, your sound card only
supports analog output, then open the mixer control and mute the digital
output, and the optical.  Only leave the Analog open and sound will magically
work again!

HTH

With kind regards

Andy