FC-4 -- unhappy experiences

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 17 19:35:03 UTC 2005

Florin Andrei wrote:

> 2. Myself and many other people, who always
> backup/format/install/restore, have no issues. If anything, the
> installer is getting better all the time.

I don't understand what you mean by " backup/format/install/restore".
If you are just saying you install rather than upgrade,
then in my case at least that would be a sure recipe for disaster
since the kernel that comes with Fedora-4
(as also with Fedora-[123]) does not boot on my SCSI-only machine.

The fact that something works on your computer
but does not work on mine
does not say anything about your moral character, or mine.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366