RAID Recovery

Patrick Luk pluk at impressio.ca
Fri Jun 17 19:50:37 UTC 2005

I don't have a lot of experience in Linux, but I,ve been struggling in RAID
this week and mdadm is ready what you need. Very need tools. They all say
mdadm is the tool and raidtool is no longer a standard one from the base
package.

Just partition and add using mdadm back to the array and it will rebuild it
self. Pretty interesting.

By the way, was it the secondary or the primary that failed? Wondering if
there is any difference at recovery on any of the RAID1 disc???