Re: Where should dhcpd.conf go?

Oded Maimon wrote:

Kenneth Porter wrote:

--On Friday, June 17, 2005 1:59 AM -0400 Todd Wease <twease comcast net> wrote:

I just installed dhcpd and can't find the config directory in /etc.

You can list all the files associated with a package with "rpm -qlv packagename".

i dont think dhcpd.conf comes with the dhcp package, only some examples that are in some other directory, cant remmember where, and i'm not at my linux machine to run a check.

/usr/share/doc/dhcp-3.0.1/dhcpd.conf.sample

on my FC3 machine. Use it as a template to construct what you need it to do. Read the man page to discover what to put in it.... Put the result in /etc/dhcp.conf and run "service dhcp restart"

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com