I want kdm back!:-)

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 09:52:24 UTC 2005

On Friday 17 Jun 2005 21:57, Alberto Ferrante wrote:

> I probably explained things in a wrong way: I have always had things
> configured in the right way (/etc/sysconfig/desktop with KDE in it and
> so on). Kdm is starting fine even trying to switch to init level 3 and
> run it by hand. The problem is that I always get the Fedora settings in
> kdm with the Fedora login screen. I cannot change any setting there!
> That's why I wrote "I want kdm back"!

OK, it is now intended to make gdm and kdm look alike, if you prefer the old
look (like I do), edit /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc, and set:

UseTheme=false

The above works with KDE-redhat and should work with Fedora's KDE also..

HTH

Colin.
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.12-rc6-ck2
KDE-Redhat-3.4.1-1.0.fc2.kde