Is it worth installing FC4?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Jun 19 05:01:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 16:45 +0100, Pedro Lobo wrote:

> Hi all, I want to install linux on an extra PC that I have in order to
> learn I already have FC3 but then read the news about FC4 coming out
> and held out on installing until I got FC4. I have however read that
> many have problems and complaints about FC4.
>
> Can anybody let me know if it's worth waiting a bit longer for a newer
> build of FC4 or should I install FC3 instead or is it ok to install
> FC4.

I am happy with an install on my laptop.  The only problems with FC4
were caused by left over files in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices that
I forgot to delete when there were no longer being used.  I also needed
to turn off spamassassin in Evolution.  It was slowing down my machine.
(I run spamassassin on my email server, a second look doesn't improve
the results.)

Since your intent is to learn, go for it.  If you need it for serious
production, go with something more established, FC3 for example.

--
Clifford