Re: Window manager for power users?

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
Romain Kang <romain kzsu stanford edu> insightfully noted:

RK>I've used sawfish with custom keybindings for about 6-7 years now,
RK>and I've recently built a box with FC4 on it.  Of course, sawfish
RK>went away with FC3, so I'm looking for a set of FC4 rpms, or perhaps
RK>some other FC4-friendly WM with customizability similar to sawfish.
RK>
RK>I'll also mention that I really, really hate having metacity's dual
RK>top/bottom panels, even when they auto-hide, since that's real estate
RK>I'd rather be using for my own windows.
RK>
RK>Any recommendations?
Yes, give ratpoison a try.  If that's a bit too spartan, try ion3 or
wmii.  These are all recommended WMs for "powerusers".  Have fun trying
them out.  You'll need to read the documentation but they are all highly
configurable, especially in terms of keybindings.
Best,
Mike

--
"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires
you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law!"