Re: yum updated grub.conf badly

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 05:09:29PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > > Rather than resorting to violence, try changing "DEFAULTKERNEL" in
> > > the file </etc/sysconfig/kernel>.
> > To what?
> > Obviously not kernel-smp.
>
> The name of the kernel package you want to be the default. So, just plain
> "kernel". I believe this is in the FC3 release notes.

While /etc/sysconfig/kernel is mentioned,
the possible values for DEFAULTKERNEL and what they do are not.
None of the available kernels are named kernel-smp or kernel.
I'm not saying you're wrong.  I think you're right.  I just
can't tell from the release notes.

--
Mike   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"There are three kinds of people,