Re: i386/x86_64 rpms on x86_64

Ulrich,
     Thanks for the explanation. I assume the default for rpm is not
set to show both architectures since that would confuse too many installation
utilities? Also, I am still unclear on what I should expect 'rpm -Uvh'
to do. Is it safe to assume that it will never replace the x86_64
binary rpms if I install an i386 binary rpm which has the same name?
Also, do all the *-devel packages coexist for both architectures at
the same time or should I only have one of them installed at a given
time?
                           Jack