REinstalling packages with yum ?

Hi,

Is it possible to tell yum to reinstall a package that is already installed, with affecting any dependant packages ? A remove followed by reinstall will of course remove all dependant packages which I don't want.

I actually think of the reinstall option available in synaptic with APT. I've just updated from FC3 to FC4 and I think a few packages could do with being reinstalled to fix some minor niggles. I had similar issues when I went from FC2 to FC3 and the reinstall feature in synaptic was very useful.

cheers Chris