Re: How to stop file browsing creating new folders?

Bo Berglund wrote:

I am coming from WinXP and the Explorer in XP can be set to open new
folders in the same window (with a back arrow to return).
On FC4 I tried to navigate the disk with the desktop home icon, which
brings up an Explorer-like view.
However, in the configurations I could not find how to stop it from
creating all these new windows when I walk to a file way down a tree.

Is there a setting to control this, or is there a better file system
navigator even?

Bo Berglund

You wll need to go to edit --> Preferences --> behavior and check the always open in browser mode, after opening up the first browser, in its menus.

I think that this feature rates with turning off updatedb, but it is the direction that FC has chosen for defaults.

Jim