Re: CD permission denied for users other than root -- HELP

redhatdude bellsouth net wrote:

Hello
When I log in with the user I created during installation I get the following error if I double click on the CD

Error while intializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

What can I do to solve this?

EJ

This sounds familiar are you using FC3? Anyway, try relabeling your files by opening a terminal and executing (as root)
touch /.autorelabel
when you reboot the system will automatically relabel all selinux labels. If this does not fix your problem, you might try the archives. I am sure I saw this problem after FC3 was released, and that it had something to do with SELinux.

Good Luck

Scott