Up2date Question

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Mon Jun 20 03:21:10 UTC 2005

edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:

>>Message: 2
>>Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:14:46 +0200
>>From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
>>Subject: Re: Up2date Question
>>To: For users of Fedora Core releases
>><fedora-list at redhat.com>
>>
>>Am So, den 19.06.2005 schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com
>>um 18:35:
>>

>>>I updated to FC4 last night. I'm using the RH
>>>

>>up2date
>>

>>>with
>>>

>http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
>

>>>as my mirror.
>>>
>>>When I click on "Launch up2date" it comes back
>>>

>>with
>>

>>>"There was a fatal error communicating with the
>>>server.  The message was:
>>>
>>>An HTTP error occurred:
>>>

>http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/headers/header.info
>

>>>Status Code: 404
>>>Error Message: Not Found
>>>

>>>It seems that it is looking for a "headers" folder
>>>that doesn't exist in the FC4 updates as it did in
>>>FC3.
>>>I can't locate where I need to edit this.
>>>

>>You missed to search for this issue in the list
>>archive of the last few
>>days.
>>Use the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew file as
>>the repository format
>>changed and up2date has to reflect that. You old
>>sources file has
>>obsolete entries.
>>
>>Alexander
>>

>I changed all the rpmnew files over but still get the
>same error.
>It keeps looking for a "headers" folder.
>Is this configured somewhere?

Ensure that your sources file contains the line:

### Repo Metadata
# Note that setting this makes up2date look in /etc/yum.repos.d/ for
# repository configuration.
# type channel-label url
repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/

and of course you'll need to ensure that your /etc/yum.repos.d contains
the .repo files
if it does not, you may need to download and install the
fedora-release.rpm using:

rpm -ivh --replacefiles --replacepkgs fedora-release.noarch.rpm

HTH

Scott