Re: FC4 mediacheck errors

Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Monday 20 June 2005 01:01, Bob Parker wrote:

I downloaded the FC4 i386 cd isos which passed the sha1 test.
I then burnt 4 cds and sha1 tested the isos on the cdr which all
passed the sha1 test yet again.
At install time my friend ran mediacheck on all 4 cdrs, he reports
all failed the mediacheck.
Next I had him check the sha1sum on cd #1 which yielded the same sum
as published by the mirrors, so what gives?

Thanks
Bob

Hi Bob:

If the cds pass the sha1sum then they should be good. Skip the media check, it returns a bad result depending how the cds were burned (with/without 0 padding). This has been the situration since at least FC3.

HTH,
Tom

Thanks Tom,
They were burned with default settings so 2 x 2048 byte sectors of null padding is on them.

Regards
Bob