Re: dhcpd refuses to start after fresh FC4 install

Claude Jones wrote:
I've had to rebuild a machine, and I have limited net access right now, so pardon me if this has been asked.

DHCPD is refusing to start, manually, or as set to run at boot. Is this a SELINUX setting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this machine has to running in a couple of hours

If it's an SELinux issue then you should be seeing audit errors in the logs when you try to start the daemon, and "setenforce 0" would allow it to work (this is a quick test to determine if it's an SELinux issue, I'm not recommending this as a long-term fix).

Paul.