Installation Issue FC4

John Johnson john.johnson at uai.com
Mon Jun 20 14:07:48 UTC 2005

I have an interesting problem with installing FC4.  The machine I am
attempting to install on is a test box consisting of an Asus P2B motherboard
with an 800Mhz proc and one gig of RAM.  I have a samsung DVD/CD R/W combo
drive as well as a standard 40x CDROM and a couple of 200 GB IDE Drives.

When I attempt to install the bios detects the bootable CD in the drive and
gives me the screen to Upgrade/Install Core 4.  When I hit enter the screen
changes to the text install mode and ask the country and then the language I
wish to install.  Once those questions are answered the CD ejects and the
installer ask for the installation CD to be inserted into the drive and then
hit enter.

I know the CD's are good because I have done 2 other installs off them, the
hardware has worked with FC 1, 2, and 3.  Just to be sure I changed out the
standard CD drive with another and received the same problem.  I also
disconnected the DVD Drive and tried with the same problem then I attempted
to boot off the DVD Drive with the same problem.

If you need any more info please ask.

Thanks In Advance
John