ati driver after fc4-upgrade

hi!

on my FC3 system i had finally somehow managed to install drivers for my ati 9600xt video-card.
The upgrade to FC4 unfortunately broke something: my system now uses the mesa software-drivers.
Using the ati-installer doesn't help, installing new ati-drivers doesn't help, neither does creating a new xorg.conf...

What should i do to install proper hardware-acceleration drivers for my card? I just don't know what to to next...

could someone help me a bit?
greetings,
Nico