Question about yum

Hi All:

Frist of all, sorry if my questions sound 'stupid'.
Well, I am new to Fedora, and my questions are about
'yum':

(1) Is the yum site :
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/ ?
(2) If affirmarive, I realized that the last yum
version is available (download page) for for python
2.2+. So would it work for Python 2.4.1 that cames
with FC4?
Thanks!
Hoffmann