Re: i386 firefox with x86_64

On 6/20/05, Jack Howarth <howarth bromo msbb uc edu> wrote:
>       Is there a recommended approach to regressing the browsers in
> the FC4 x86_64 to the i386 version so the i386 plugins could be used.
> I would like to do this in a clean manner so that the future browser
> updates could be retrieved with yum or up2date. Thanks in advance.
>               Jack

This is the approach that I use:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-May/msg01961.html

Just watch and when an update comes out run something like:
yum --enablerepo=updates-released-i386 update firefox

Since FC4 just came out, you will have to add the base repo as well in
the above manner to first install firefox.i386.  You can add other
mirrors by listing the urls under the baseurl= line.  Note that you
cannot use the mirrorlist= option and it should be disabled by
default.  It's probably best/easiest to copy the current .repo files
and make the necessary changes.

Jonathan