Web Dav compile for apache 2

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Mon Jun 20 23:36:33 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 20.06.2005, 09:55 -0400 schrieb Tim Holmes:
> Good Morning folks:
>
> <snip>
> He is far better at compiling from source than I am,
> and I need to get this working (he is not available for about 8 weeks now).

So please tell that guy that you are using a distribution and this
distribution includes an apache per default. With all usefull and
supportable stuff you need.

Just for now, how do you manage Upgrades? Are you sitting around with no
clue on compiling stuff and reading the apache security lists?

I can't believe this. Your guy is a freak. Nothing else.
Why do you think is RedHat/Fedora/Debian/SuSE/every-other-linux-dist
using a package system? Just for theire own fun? No, because it is easy
to upgrade, downgrade and so on.

If you paid him, i would have my money back. Cause he left you with a
fuckupd system. If i where you, i would do an yum install httpd and hope
that the dude did an install to /usr/local where you can easy remove
it.

> I was wondering if someone could provide me a with the location of a cookbook procedure for getting
> it installed and running -- I know how to set it up for mozilla once its compiled and installed.
> I am in general familiar with building stuff from source, I'm just a little scared of this particular one,
> because I don't want to kill the webserver as it is our frontline box.

Lol you allready have done that.

> Thank you very much for your assistance

Nobody can assist you from there. Maybe a look on http://apache.org is
helpfull. By chance there should be an config in the source dir where
every compile option that morron used is included. Do the same but add
your webdav option.

--
 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi at unixkiste.org              The first one is for beeping all the time,