Re: Preventing rpm, apt, yum to upgrade a single package

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 22:03 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:

Hi all, to workaround a know bug in the i810 driver in fc4, I am using
libvgahw.a from FC3. How do I prevent rpm (or both apt and yum) to upgrade
xorg or, even better, to overwrite that file?

try: # chattr +i /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a

That should stop the file being overwritten or deleted by anything.

Paul.

Thanks Paul,
I was keeping backups of files that get overwritten by later rpms and replacing with the backup each time. I'll give this method a try, I have two computers effected by this bug. (blue border on 815 and blank terminal on an 865G)

Jim

-- Brain fried -- Core dumped