Yum cannot resolve missing dependencies

Jonathan Pickard Jonathan.Pickard at intelligroup.co.nz
Tue Jun 21 03:41:01 UTC 2005

[snip a whole lot of stuff]

> So isn't yum supposed to fix dependencies on its own?
> With kind regards

Yum can only resolve dependencies if the files exist in the repo's that you provide to it, libcrypto, libssl and the rpms that provide the files are not in the repos you provided to yum. The repos you are using are potentially not up to date. The rpms may not be included in the repos you use for a number of reasons etc etc (flamed to death on this list)

I would try again or download the required rpms from rpm.pbone.org/com/net I forget which one it is.