Re: GPG unsigned packages in FC4

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
Just installed FC4 last night. Right after install, I ran up2date and it
kept telling me that this package is unsigned, do I really want to install
it? I also ran up2date at the prompt, and the same thing: I had to use
--nosig to install e.g. gkrellm and derivatives. What's up with all the
unsigned packages. I didn't modify any of the up2date default
configuration.

The packages are not unsigned; you haven't imported the right key into the RPM keyring and up2date is reporting a misleading error message instead of "key not found".

# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Also, is pan no longer available for FC4, or has it just been omitted from
the repositories?

It should be available in Extras soon.

Paul.