Upgrading from FC3 to FC4 and changing arch from 32-bit to 64-bit

Joel Gomberg obligor11-fedora at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 14:35:41 UTC 2005

When I began the FC4 upgrade process, I received a warning from Anaconda
that upgrading with a change of architecture was "likely not to
succeed." I do have /home on a separate partition and have backed
everything up, but I would prefer to upgrade because I don't know what
kinds of problems I might run into with various configuration files in
/etc.  My questions are:  (1) has anyone tried to upgrade from FC3 to
FC4 with a change of architecture; (2) was the upgrade successful; and
(3) if not, did this cause any problems with a subsequent fresh install?

It seems to me that I have nothing to lose by attempting the upgrade,
since I should still be able to do a fresh install.  Is this correct?

Thanks.