misc questions

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 05:08:13 UTC 2005

--- "Amadeus W. M." <amadeus84 at cablespeed.com> wrote:

> 1) I have two machines, suggestively called FC4 and
> FC2. On FC4 I'm
> running NFS and I export two partitions to the local
> network. On FC2 I use
> automount to mount them. All is well as long as the
> firewall is off on
> FC4, but there's "no route to host" or something
> like this when I bring
> the firewall up on FC4. I opened 2049, 111 tcp and
> udp on FC4, to no avail.
> What ports should I open on FC4?
>
> 2) What ever happened to Start Here? I really liked
> to have a container
> with all the system and preferences tools, rather
> than choose them from a
> menu list as it is now.
I do not know about this one.  Sorry

> 3) Would it be possible to have an option in the FC4
> installer to choose
> between graphical or text boot? I really hate it
> that every time I have to
> manually change the boot level to 3.
Text installation should be there.  Just select that
option when booting off cd/dvd.

> 4) Is acroread 7 available anywhere? I can't seem to
> find it on any
> repository. I did check out evince, and it's fine,
> but I need to give
> slide-show presentations and acroread is the tool
> for that.

It should always be available from
theres the *.tar.gz and the rpm.  Try to use the rpm
since installation is easier.

> 5) On a laptop on which I just installed FC4, the
> Ctrl key is not in the
> right place (that's a sin!), i.e. in the lower left
> corner. In it's place
> is the Fn key. Is it possible to swap the two? I ran
> xev and it does see
> the Ctrl key, but it does not see Fn, so I suspect
> it's not possible, but
> I asked anyway.
>
> 6) Is support for dxr3 included in FC4?
>
> 7) I'm sad to see things like gv go (hopefully pan
> is coming back), but
> I'm "happy" to see that I have 40M of japanese
> fonts. Is the tetex-xdvi
> dependency to japanese fonts really necessary? Can
> that be removed?
>

> --

Sorry for not answering all of the questions, but that
reduces the toll.

Best regards,

Antonio