Re: Packages problem with FC4

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 11:02 am, olachere si2m fr wrote:
>         Hi,
>

> I'm trying to install Fedora Core 4 with a few components (KDE, gcc, make
> and others usuals dev apps), but I always get more than I want.
> I've tried typical installations selections like "Desktop" and custom
> selection, but I always get "sendmail", "openldap", "cups", "bind"
> installed ...
>
> No way to skip them ...
>
> Is anybody having this problem too ? what do you think of my problem ? (and
> what could I make) :)
>
> Thanks
>

> P.S : sorry for my poor english of little french guy :)
>

> Cordialement,
>

> Olivier LACHERE
> PIT - Support Outils
>
> ( 01-30-44-54-91
> *  olachere si2m fr <mailto:olachere si2m fr>
>

> L'ADRESSE DE MESSAGERIE DE VOTRE CORRESPONDANT A CHANGE EN
> olachere si2m fr  IL EST RECOMMANDE DE METTRE A JOUR VOTRE CARNET
> D'ADRESSES.
A custom install will give you more control of what packages get installed,
altough there are sometings "bundled" together as default.  If you want
something really customized down to bare minimums you may want to look at
using kickstart and having a post install script delete those packages that
you may want that get installed as default.  But beware of dependencies.