Screensaver on FC 4

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 22 19:49:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 15:28 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> Does searching the list archives work for you?  It doesn't work for me.
> For example, searching for "xscreensaver" in June or even May produces no
> results.  Searching the whole list produces results from 2003.  A Google
> search for:
>
>     xscreensaver site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June
>
> produces 2 messages, from early June.  A search of my saved messages
> produces 18 messages (if I counted right).

Actually, searching Google for "xscreensaver fedora-list FC4" on Google
brings back this as the first hit:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-April/msg01896.html

... which mentions that the screensavers have been divided into several
RPMs that need to be installed to get anything other than a blank
screen.

You're right, though.  The search feature on the Redhat site is useless.
There are a few other archives you can search that carry the Fedora
list, but I don't remember their URLs off the top of my head. :)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!