Re: System tray utility?

On 6/22/05, Frank Pineau <frank pineaus com> wrote:
> In winders, I use a little utility called IconCorral.  I can give it an
> executable name or a window title, and whenever I minimize the named
> application, it removes the taskbar entry and moves it to the system tray (next
> to the clock) with a little icon.  It's nice because then I can have lots of
> apps running in the background, with quick access, without cluttering up my
> taskbar.  Is there anything like that for linux in general or Gnome under FC4 in
> particular?

Kind of, at least in GNOME.  It's called "Window Selector" and you can
add it to your panel in the usual way (right-click on the panel and
select "Add to Panel...".  It displays a little icon of the currently
focused application and when you click on it it displays the title and
icon of all open windows.  You can use it in place of the taskbar.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben steeves gmail com