Sound with FC3 and FC4

Tino Meinen a.t.meinen at chello.nl
Thu Jun 23 01:02:16 UTC 2005

Op zo, 19-06-2005 te 10:30 +0100, schreef Pete Bradbury:
> SOmeone else mentioned alsamixer
>
> I got sound by using right arow in alsamixer to scroll to right an on
> the 'analog/digital output jack' setting typed M .
>
> Worked fine
I have the same chipset but I had to unmute <External Amplifier> in
Alsamixer to get sound working.

Found out one can do that using the GNOME-gui now as well with the
volume-control: go to menu: Edit-> Prefernces and put a check for
External Amplifier. An extra tab will appear in the Volumecontrol
dialog. Be sure that the External Amplifier is checked there as well.
Then you should be able to play the test sound and hear it too!