various missing packages in FC4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 01:19:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 21:06 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> Besides pan, which now everybody knows, where did gv and gtkam go?
> Is there a replacement for gtkam? Or do I leave my pictures on the camera?

I thought the gimp had a digital camera tool.

> Also, what's the scoop with mixing repositories? I'd really like mplayer,
> transcode, dvdauthor, ffmpeg, but the only place I can find them is
> ayo.freshrpms.net. If I can't get these from 3rd party repositories, can
> there be non-fedora, but fedora-compatible multimedia repository?

all of those are available from rpm.livna.org

create a file in /etc/yum.repos.d called livna.repo that contains the
following:
[livna]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

Most (all?) of the rpm.livna.org developers also work with fedora extras
- and rpm.livna.org is compatible with Fedora Extras.

> And what's up with apt?

I don't know, I use yum.