Screensaver on FC 4

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 23 02:11:57 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 22.06.2005 schrieb Tony Nelson um 21:28:

> >The topic has been covered multiple times since FC4 is out. Please check
> >the list archive before posting.
>
> Does searching the list archives work for you?  It doesn't work for me.
> For example, searching for "xscreensaver" in June or even May produces no
> results.  Searching the whole list produces results from 2003.  A Google
> search for:

> TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>

Tony,

I must confess that I do not use the search function which Red Hat's
site offers. My favourite search location is

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

which has been very reliable for me in the way, that I found nearly
everything I was searching for in the past (often enough to give
pointers to previous discussions). Our unofficial user#s guide for this
list

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html

mentions this search list at the bottom in point 3. And searching there
for "xscreenserver" lists following hits:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&w=2&r=1&s=xscreensaver&q=b

If you now just pay attention to the recent hits (from FC4 release date
onwards) it lasts not even 1 minute to know the answer :)

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 04:03:30 up 1 day, 12:17, load average: 1.39, 0.78, 0.49