Re: grub very strange problems

On 6/21/05, Felipe Contreras <felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> The problem I'm having right now is that grub starts in the shell, as
> if no grub.conf existed... but there it is... and it seems to be ok.

I'm going to answer myself here. Since no one in #fedora nor
fedora-list answered or cared to suggest anything; I tried
#lfs-support, and thanks to jbit I found what the problem was.

For some reason grub is not following symlinks on ReiserFS, I don't
know if it's a problem specific with the grub compiled in Fedora but
making /etc/grub.conf a normal file it worked fine.

Now I hope grub-install will work too.

--
Felipe Contreras