Re: ICH6

Thanks on the tips, i'll try then :)
Hope they work fine . . . ;)

Cya
Camus

Chris Stark wrote:

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 17:43 -0300, Camus SoNiCo wrote:

Hello there!! I'd like to know if anyone can help with an installation problem.

I have a MSI-COMBO-FR motherboard and when i try to install my Fedora Core 4 i get a "kernel panic" message. The steps i've made were first booting from the cd and then just pressing enter.

Thanks
Camus

I have a similar MSI board and the only way I can get it to work is by
adding "pci=nosort" to the boot prompt (and you'll need to tack it on to
the grub menu too after installation).

There's another issue with the installer that might require you to enter
a purposefully incorrect command at the boot prompt, followed by your
correct parameters.

For example:
1. type "foo" <enter>
2. type "linux pci=nosort" <enter>