Re: Very strange wireless problem on Toshiba laptop with FC4

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 12:18, Laszlo Antal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week I installed FC4 on my Toshiba laptop.Everything went very
> well
> find and installed everything.
> My problem with my wireless connection. I could not figure out how to
> enable WPA-PSK so I turnd it off.
> Now Kwifi finds my network and shows connection + shows my Accesspoint
> MAC
> address.
>
> BUT I can not getonline or ping-connect to other computers on my
> network.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Laszlo
>
> Laszlo Antal

Tecra M2 with Centrino ipw2200BG chip set?

Same problem here with FC3 and FC4.  Was able to see the access points
but could not connect.

If finally gave up and bought a Netgear WG511 card.  Works fine with
driverloader.  My particular WG511 card has a marvel chip set.

I did read one suggestion that I have not been able to test yet.

Someone recommended removing the channel line (comment it out) in the
ifcfg-eth1 configuration file (or which every config file matches your
wireless card).

If you get a solution for this I would be interested.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

Friendships last when each friend thinks he has a slight superiority
over the other.
		-- Honore DeBalzac