cpuspeed - howto?

Dear All,

I have been looking at cpuspeed with some interest, but can find virtually no documentation on how to use it. I have figured out that /etc/cpuspeed.conf is the file to edit, and that I need to load the correct kernel driver. However, how does one go about finding out which driver should be used, and how to set it up?

Cheers,
Jonathan