KVM + 2.6 + mouse wheel

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:25:19 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Dimitri Deserranno <dimitri.deserranno at case.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been searching the net and found some information about this, however,
> nothing worked.
>
> It seems there is a bug in kernel 2.6. When using kernel 2.6 along with a
> KVM switch, the mouse wheel control is lost after you switch from one
> system to the next. This did not happen when I was running kernel 2.4.
>
> Does anyone know if this is in fact a bug in the kernel, and if a solution
> exists?
>
> Thanks,
> Dimi.
>

> --

My mouse wheel works perfectly, I use a generic noname KVM and a
wireless A4 optical mouse and keyboard. I'm on FC3 and KDE, with no
special configuration in that regard. In the installation Anaconda
discovered 'generic 3 button mouse' and I haven't changed that.

I'm updating the Fedora box to FC4 now, so we'll see if the mouse
wheel still works...

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/377/nine_inch_nails.php
Nine Inch Nails Lyrics