Re: No normal TTY's in FC 4

Bart Couvreur wrote:

Hello there,

I've been searching everywhere to get an answer to this: since I
installed FC 4 (fresh install), I can't manage to get any normal
tty's: ctrl+alt+f* just gives a blank screen, the only screen working
is X. FC 3 did not have this problem.

Video card: Intel 82865G integrated graphics controller
Monitor: PTS0304

When I let out rhgb in grub I do get a login-prompt before gdm starts,
so it should work. Seems to me that X is doing nasty

Anybody else experiencing this too?

Ciao Bart

I have this video card with the same problem with the original install. Replace

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
with
ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/libvgahw.a

There are several bug reports filed for this bug w/ several drivers.

Jim