Re: FC4: Missing Commands

Craig White wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 16:08 -0500, Craig Goodyear wrote:

Craig Goodyear wrote:

I have a fresh install of FC4.

2. When selecting the "Log Out" item from the panel, I am only given the option to "Logout". The other options, "Shut Down" and "Restart the Computer" are missing. How do I correct this problem?

Any ideas at all? Is there anyone else seeing similar results using the gnome desktop?

--- that would be what you would see if you were using KDE and not GNOME so I would suspect that your PrefDM is kdm and not gdm

ps aux|grep gdm   #anything show up?
ps aux|grep kdm   #anything show up?

Craig

ps aux | grep gdm shows 2 processes running. Thanks for the lead. It turns out that my problem was booting with a run level 3.

Craig