Issues installing mplayer/mencoder on AMD64

I tried to grab the .x86_64 RPM's for mplayer (et al)
from freshrpms.net but they seem to pull in a lot more
dependencies on other RPM's than the straight .i386
from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/ ...

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the rigth build or not.

Is there a build for FC3 that includes the more common
functionality that I can install?  Something that
doesn't end up bringing 20 other RPM's in with it?

Thanks,

-Philip